Because her birthday is the day before Easter, we are having her first birthday party next weekend. For her birthday, we are going to a fun Easter egg hunt at the Blue Lakes Country Club in Twin Falls and then will head to Boise to a big play center with her sister and cousins. I am a sentimental girl and wanted to do something special for her birthday despite the fact we are celebrating next week. So it turns out she is a lucky girl because she gets to have a fun birthday and then a party the next weekend.
I know I am always making lists, but it's not my fault- I am a list maker. And because we are using this as a family journal, here are some things we want to remember about Hadley at one year old:
- She is a walker now- already! She doesn't really crawl at all anymore. And her new thing is that she has figured out that with walking, she can carry around toys. So, she is always bringing me little "gifts". When I hear the thumping of her little feet and look over to her walking towards me with a huge proud smile, it melts my heart.
- She loves her big sister and and has to know what Makenna is doing at all times.
- She can sign "more" and "done" but finds yelling more effective.
- She hates if something is taken away from her. It creates screaming and shaking her head violently "no".
- She is a momma's girl and wants to be at my feet or in my arms all day long if she can. (She is contently sitting on my lap as I type this right now.)
- She has the most kissable cheeks ever.
- She has started teasing Makenna. If she has something that Makenna wants, she will go to give it to her then pull it away with a loud yell and not let her have it. Here we go...
- She gives slobbery kisses that we can't get enough of.
- She loves "Pat-a-cake" and "This Little Piggy"
- She is already working the system with her puppy-dog eyes.
- She gets soooo excited to be outside. She is going to fit in great with the rest of us this summer when we go camping.
- She loves to be chased.
- Her favorite foods are probably green beans, chicken nuggets, deli meat, and chocolate (after her mom).
- After falling all day and being pulled around by Makenna, she is one tough cookie. (Which is a refreshing change for us)
- She has started repeating animal sounds.
- She loves to give five.
- She learned how to go down the stairs two days ago! (She figured out climbing up a while ago)
This past year has been so wonderful and we can't wait for the next year as we continue to watch her grow (though we wouldn't mind time slowing down a little bit). Our lives truly are better because our little Hadley was born a year ago. Happy Birthday Hadley!
5 comments:
You're coming to Boise? I'd love to see you guys!
I love it! I also like to write down all the little things Bridger is doing at the moment. It's so easy to forget--I wish I would of started doing it earlier.
shes a cutie! call us and maybe we can meet you when you come to boise!
I absoutely love your lists. I thik they are great. I also really enjoyed the different pictures of Hadley over the last year all in a row. I can't believe how fast they grow and change.
Hi Heather, she is such a doll! I can't believe she is 1. WOW! It seemed like just yesterday it was halloween and she was only 6 months and we were talking about how I still had 6 more months of pregnancy to go and now that has come and gone:( TiMe FlIeS bY wAy To FaSt. I need to start blogging again but my husband wont fix my stupid Picasa. UGH!!
Post a Comment