Sunday, June 21, 2009

7 Years Later...

Today is our 7 year anniversary! It has flown by, but at the same time it's hard to remember not being together. It has been 7 truly great years. We love reminiscing about our dating days and when we first got married. But even more than that, we love to look at the family and the life we have built up over the past 7 years and feel the joy and pride that we do. Here are 7 favorite things about our marriage that we came up with:

1. Our cute little family that we have created
We are so blessed to have each other and our sweet little girls that bring joy to our lives every day. We are so grateful that we were married in the Logan temple 7 years ago to begin our eternal family.

2. We love being outdoors together!
Camping, hiking, cross-country and downhill skiing, backpacking, biking... we love it all. Every summer, we head off for weeks at a time to be in the mountains and we wouldn't trade those adventures for anything. We enjoy sharing our love for the outdoors with Makenna and Hadley and look forward to family backpacking and skiing trips as they get older.

3. With every year, things just keep getting better.
I remember someone telling us before we were married that our love would constantly be changing. I just didn't realize at the time that he meant that it would get better and better.

4. Perfection is not expected
Let's face it, neither of us are perfect or even close to it in our
relationship, individually, or as parents. But we love each other
despite our flaws and work at things each day.

5. On a Friday night, we still love to cuddle
up on the couch and watch a movie.
After 7 years, we still look forward to
Friday nights when we take the back cushions off the couch and cuddle
under warm blankets to a good movie and popcorn.

6. We have come to be a very good team
We have learned that marriage is made of teamwork, from working
to finishing school to cleaning the house to putting kids to bed. We are a great team and there is no one else that we would rather have by our
side (well, maybe a maid too :) ).

7. There's no place we would rather be than
together.
We love spending time together whether it is a Monday evening or one of our little trips. I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend. I
love you Travis and look forward to the years ahead of us!!!




6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary to such an awesome couple!!

Dean Family said...

Congrats you guys!!

Sandra and Rob said...

Seems like yesterday you were just young PUNKS in college. Now a RESPECTABLE principal. I tell everyone I know that principal we drank (pepsi) together.

Stacy Pincock said...

WOW, seven years!!! Congratulations!!! I love the old pics!! So cute!

just call me jo said...

I'd forgotten you got married on my mom and dad's anniversary day. They would have been married 70 years this year if Dad had lived.
Seven is great too and I can see that you guys have a great relationship. Yes, marriage is work, but well-worth the effort...Love to you!

Philip and Breann Duffin Family said...

I love this post. You are so creative. Thank you for all you did at girls camp!! The girls loved you guys. You guys are one in a million!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...