Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dancing Queen...

 Makenna's just finished up her first year of dance and she loved it. She took ballet and tap and learned a lot. She is such a petite and graceful dancer. Her coordination is improving. (Sorry Makenna, you unfortunately got that from me.) She was the smallest and youngest in her class, and therefore, the cutest. ;) Okay, I probably am a little biased. She had her first big recital on Saturday and did GREAT! This girl is always full of surprises. If you know Makenna, you know that she is shy and timid, which is one of the main reasons we put her in dance. But, not to get on stage!  She wasn't nervous at all to get up in front of an auditorium full of people. She just smiled and even waved. I guess she is a little performer. She had a lot of fans there and we were all so proud of her. It's got to be great to be so loved.









We did her hair very ballerina like. There were 15 rubberbands! She looked like a "Petite Ballerina" just like the song she danced to.

My mom, my sister, Becky, and CassieAnn all came to support her. I think she felt very special. Grandma Becky and Aunt Cassie even brought her a real rose which she coveted in her room the following week.

3 comments:

just call me jo said...

Quite the little stage mom, Heather! ;o) I was too when Rach danced "goody two shoes"(name of their number) at age 3. I'll have to tell you about it some day...Makenna is beautiful and looks exactly like a dancer. How fun that all her "fans" could be there. Lucky girl!!

Dean Family said...

oh how fun! what a cutie - those outfits are way cute!! and cassie is beautiful - I didn't recognize her, she soo cute :)

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

What a cute little dancer. :) I love all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...