Friday, January 28, 2011

Our Celebrity Encounter...

After our many Sun Valley trips, we finally ran into someone famous. Who was it?
Tom Hanks!

But, he looked more like this:

We were looking around our favorite store in Ketchum, The Elephant's Perch, and I was going to check on the girls who were playing with the toys when I almost ran into someone one. When we both looked up, I was surprised to see Tom Hanks standing in front of me. I am sure he saw the surprise in my face. This store is small and there were only a dozen people in the whole store. So, I went and told Travis that Tom Hanks was there. Now for those of you that don't know, Travis is always being told that he looks like Tom Hanks. His family even calls him the Tom Hanks-look-alike. So out of all people to run into, it was funny that it was Travis' look alike. 

He was dressed casual and seemed very down-to-earth. He is thinner than I thought he was and his hair is definitely more gray. I think he is still a very good looking man. Travis said that he wouldn't have recognized him but definitely knew it was him when he heard him talk. There was no doubt for me. It was fun to see him standing near Travis- I could definitely see the similarities. We were tempted to say something to him about how Travis is always being told that he looks like him.  But, celebrities like their privacy that they get in Sun Valley, so we didn't want to draw any attention to him.

It was such a surreal thing to just be walking around and passing a man that I have watched on television for over 20 years. I couldn't help but think of him in all of the movies I've seen him in, especially my favorite- "You've Got Mail".  

So, do you think Travis looks like Tom Hanks?





...Now I keep hoping we'll see Rob Lowe. My sister says he is just as yummy in person.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! That is an EXCELLENT celebrity sighting... My only 2 celeb encounters are Stephen Segal (lame) and Paris Hilton (ugh). Yours is waaaay better. And, I can see similarities between Travis and Tommy. Nice. :)

just call me jo said...

I've always wanted to see a celebrity in Sun Valley. Never did. Rick saw Demi and Rachel did tuxedos for Demi's and Bruce's nanny and saw them and the girls. Me?? Nobody. I'd like to see Tom Hanks. You know how I love YGMail. I just got back from Twin Falls. I'm tired but it wasn't too cold. It's much warmer here in AZ though.

K Lind said...

How cool! I love Tom Hanks! My aunt stood in line right behind Arnold Schwarzenegger in Sun Valley several years ago. She said his calf muscles were HUGE!

Stacy Pincock said...

OK!!! I am sitting here laughing so hard. I can't believe you ran into him. Of all the people to run in to. I love it!!!!! I miss you guys! Hope you are well.

Dean Family said...

shut-up, that is tooo funny! love that you saw someone famous. and oh my, i see some of tom in travis :) haha

Andrea said...

That's awsome! I never thought of it before but Travis does look like Tom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...