Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break 2012

So this year for spring break, we decided that we needed a little adventure and we needed to get outside. So, we reserved a yurt at Harriman State Park and planned to cross-country ski to our heart's desire and teach the girls to ski. We were so looking forward to essentially camping in the winter and playing in the snow. Then, 2 days before our outing, I checked the park's website. My heart sank. It had rained so much in the previous 5 days that there was only 2 feet of snow left and it was mush. Dang it. So, much to our demise, Travis called and cancelled our reservation and we brainstormed for a quick option because darn it, we were going to go somewhere!


So, we decided on Salt Lake. Just like last year. Not my first choice. But the girls loved it and we still got away for a few days and had great weather. We went to the movies to see "We Bought a Zoo", and then actually went to the zoo, went to the Discovery Gateway play center (which the girls have been begging to go back to since last year), went out to eat, and did a little shopping. It ended up being just what we needed.


So, if  you are thinking "I've already seen these pictures", nope- just the same place, different year.

Discovery Center

Ha, ha. Who's having more fun at this animation station?

Camster had a little fun in the baby area and spent lots of time with his favorite two people. :)


The Zoo







First Zoo Visits
                                   Hadley                                    Camden
Hadley went to the zoo at about the same age and I realized that I had a very similar picture. Look at these two cute babes. I'm too lucky.

1 comment:

Dean Family said...

Oh my...they are twins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...