Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Zoo & Museum with the First Grade

Makenna had her big first grade fieldtrip to the zoo and museum. I was able to go with her because I have a wonderful husband who took the day off to be with Hads and Cam so that I could go. I really enjoy this kind of thing with my kids. Its one of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom. 


We started off with the zoo, which our group of girls loved. Their favorites were the otters, penguins, kangaroos, flamingos, and lions. After lunch at the park, we headed to the Museum of Idaho to see the big dinosaur exhibit. It was my favorite part. I love science and history, so the teacher in me came out. I learned a lot and had fun teaching the girls about dinosaurs and paleontologists. And on the way home, Makenna fell asleep. I love that my seven year old still fits on my lap to cuddle while she is sleeping. And then, we got home to a house that was dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. What a good day!


     This is one long neck!

MEET SUE!   Amazing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...