Saturday, September 15, 2012

Camden's Little Monster Bash

This cute little guy turned one year old.  (I know, fastest year ever.)  We planned a fun Little Monster party to celebrate our little monster's big day. We thought it would be fun to have the party outside for a change. We decided since his birthday fell on Labor Day weekend that we would do a barbecue outside with lots of family and friends. I made a lot of cute monster decorations to really bring out the "Little Monster" theme and because I can't help myself with parties and I seem to like to torture myself with too much to do in too little time.

These super cute invitations were sent out:
(Nope, I didn't make these. I paid someone else to do it. Being a busy mom of 3 kids, I am really starting to get behind these types of decisions.)

Here is the birthday boy before the party began. Despite having two naps, he was still a little tired and overwhelmed by everything around him. How cute is that little face?
But don't worry, there were smiles too.

On the big day, we checked the weather again and again and again and decided that the weather looked good through the party which was good because we really wanted to have it outside. We set everything up and decorated. And it looked festive and there were little monsters everywhere.



These are tissue pom-poms made monsters.




The guests arrived and it was barbecue time! Camden wasn't a fan of any of the food. He decided to be extra picky on his birthday. The rest of us enjoyed eating though.



And then, these BIG, mean clouds rolled in. And in came a severe storm warning, and a tornado warning, and a hail warning. :( So we sadly took all of the decorations and tables down and moved it all inside. It was stressful and hectic, but we all squished in our little house and put up some of the decor.

Once set up inside, the party continued. Camden unwrapped his presents.


Camden's favorite part was getting to play with his new toys. We are thrilled to have some boy toys in our house!


Next, came the cake. I had big plans to make cute monster cupcakes, but then I smartened up and decided that the party would be busy enough with a barbecue and decided to order a cake from good ol' Costco. They even made the dinosaur look like a monster! I heart Costco.

Camden thought it was more fun to grab the cake than to blow out the candle.

Then, it was the birthday boy's turn to dig into his cake. He was a beautiful, sticky little mess.

All-in-all, it was a good party even with the crazy storm. How many kids can say that they had a tornado warning at their first birthday? This is the stuff memories are made of. 

Happy 1st Birthday to our favorite little monster, Camden. We are incredibly grateful that you joined our family on this day a year ago. Our family is forever changed and so happy about it.
I love this picture of Camden cruising around through the crowd.

3 comments:

Dean Family said...

Love the party theme! He is so cute!!! He is seriously so adorable.

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh Heather, he is ADORABLE!!!What a cute party. :)

Shari Baker said...

SO CUTE! How funny that you did a monster party...that's what's on the agenda for little Porter's 1 year birthday. His bedroom decor is done in Monsters so I find it fitting. All of your party decorations are AMAZING! I just threw away some tissue pom poms from Jana's Bridal shower and am sad now to see that I could have reused them by making them into Monsters. He's so cute and is so blessed to have you as his mommy. I think you're great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...