I was lucky enough to get to go to Hawaii with my mom and sister for 8 days. Yep, that's right- I flew across the ocean to paradise and left my kids and my good hubby home. My mom and sister treated me to it and I am so grateful for the memories and a break away from non-stop life as a mom. It was amazing. Hawaii is truly beautiful, especially for us Idahoans in the middle of winter. All of the green everywhere and the sandy beaches were a welcomed site. It was wonderful to get to wear shorts and dresses. Sigh. I miss it. And it went way too fast.
This is one of three posts. We arrived in the afternoon, picked up the jeep, and headed to our condo on the beach. We spent the first day exploring nearby and going to Lahaina, a warf-like town with hundreds of shops lined up with an ocean view where I bought peace offerings for my kids and hubby for ditching them to head to sunshine-filled paradise.
Our first view of the ocean
This is the reason the Hawaii license plate has a rainbow on it. We saw rainbows every day. This one is above our condo.
*We did end up seeing some close breaches and tail slaps from shore later in the week that were awesome to watch.
Our cute boat shoes
THE WHALES
Tails= Good Bye- That's when the whales deep dive and can disappear underwater for up to 45 minutes.
The road started as this...
and went to this.
How cool is this plant? Travis calls it the "umbilical cord flower". Ha, ha.

Who knew spider webs could be so pretty?
The view from the top (You can see the clouds clearing out)
The exact same view on the way up with the clouds and the way down without.
I love this picture with the clouds hovering above.































2 comments:
How fun!!! What great pics!
So glad you got to go! Your pictures are unreal. So beautiful.
Post a Comment