Sunday, October 4, 2015

Getting ready for Macee

We spent a lot of time getting ready for our little Macee. And though she never got to use her space, it was our pleasure to spend time planning it and getting it ready for her. I look at that time of getting her room and clothes all ready with a tenderness. It was one of the few tasks I was able to do for her. These tasks were ways for me to show my love for her. I will never regret all of that time that I was able to do something for her, even if she never got to use any of it. And I am just grateful for that time of loving her and be excited for her, no matter how short her little life was.

Some things we did to get ready and show our love for sweet Macee was: went to all the prenatal appointments with proud big-brother-Camden, pick out the perfectly sweet bedding, make blackout curtains, cover the rocker chair, search every store high and low for the perfect room decorations, sewed soft changing table covers, played musical rooms with all of the kids rooms to make room for a nursery, drove to Salt Lake to buy the perfect dresser/changing table, put together the crib, organize everything into her drawers and closet, iron and hung all of her little dresses, and stock her closet with soft, clean blankets.
In the waiting room with this cute boy. He was always so good to go to all the prenatal doctor appointments. He loved hearing the heartbeat and knew to go to the sucker jar at the end. 

Putting the crib together.

Painting and getting the girls' rooms done to make room for the nursery

Figuring out a collage to go over the changing table/dresser

Sewed cute blackout curtains

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...