We hiked to Cramer Lakes in the Sawtooth Wilderness, which is beautiful. I had hiked here 6 years ago with my brother and loved it. We rode the shuttle across Redfish and hiked in 7 miles. When we got back to the lakes, we were so surprised how many people were there! I guess the secret got out about these amazing lakes in the past few years. It was a little disappointing because you usually don't see tons of people in the backcountry. There was a large Boy Scout group of 20 and then there were other groups around. We estimated that first night that there were around 50 people at the 3 lakes! But the rain the next morning got rid of over half of those, which was nice.
We all had such a great time. I love the quiet of the backcountry. It's so refreshing to get rid of all distractions for a few days. Sometimes, it's nice to just be Heather and Travis and remember who that is. (Though we always miss our kids.) I love when Travis and I get all cozy in our little 2-person tent at night. The simplicity of it appeals to me and quiets all noise in my head. It's nice to reconnect as a couple, as well. And I feel in my element in the outdoors, kind of like feeling at home.
The Shuttle
Day 1
Destination: Cramer Lakes (SNRA)
Distance: 7ish Miles
Elevation Gain: 1,826 ft
We made it!
You look good pumping water, Babe.
Breathtaking!
Day 2
Destination: Cramer Divide and The Temple
Distance: 3.5 Miles
Elevation Gain: 1,045 ft
We woke up to a downpour of rain. After starting a backcountry-approved fire, we warmed up and dried out any wet sleeping bags including our neighbor's. By late morning, the rain had stopped and we were ready for a day hike. We hiked up to The Temple. It was seriously amazing. I think it might be the coolest place I have been to in the Sawtooths. We hiked above a few lakes into the teeth of the Sawtooths. It was granite rock and rugged peaks all around us. It did feel like a holy place, like a temple. And the views from the divide were beautiful. It was a good climb up, but well worth it.
Rain, rain, go away.
The Sawtooth Peaks
Lunch break on the divide.
Cramer Divide
This little high-alpine lake was so peaceful.
Aren't we cute in our Crazy Creek chairs and headlamps? :)
Day 3
Destination: Home (Redfish trailhead)
Distance: 7ish Miles
Elevation Loss: 1,826 ft
Is there seriously anything more beautiful than the morning sun on an untouched mountain lake?
I think it's funny that the couples are matching, like we're going to the Sadie Hawkins dance or something. :)
Awww. If I could live right here, I would.




































No comments:
Post a Comment