Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great Friends

I was so lucky to have three of my best friends from college come visit a week apart. It was so fun to reminisce about old times. I am so grateful that our lives crossed and that we could gain lifetime friendships. These three friends have greatly blessed my life and it is so fun to have "mommy" talks now. How funny it is to think back to our all-nighters, studying at the library, going door-to-door on our dorm floor, boy talk (which there was LOTS of), weekend excursions, cooking together, and uncontrollable laughter. Now we get to add nursing, changing diapers, temper tantrums, hair bows, and toys to our list. Life is funny.

Rachel and Tammera

Rachel, Tammera, and I met way back in the dorms. We were all a few doors apart and had so much fun together. I can't believe that was 10 years ago! Holy crap, we are old. I love how our friendships came to be. We each are so different from each other which totally added to our friendships. I really need to post some pictures of us in the dorms to show how much we have changed and to bring a good laugh (that can be a future post). Rachel moved all the way to Oregon and just had an adorable little baby boy, Will. So, we were estatic to have her come visit so that we could finally meet him. Tammera has a 5 year-old, Gavin, who is a month older than Makenna- they had a blast together. Here is the fun we had and as you can tell, my girls LOVED baby Will. He is already surrounded by cute girls. :)

We had some quality girl's time getting pedicures or manicures and going out for ice cream. Next time, I will remember to wear flip flops- notice the flimsy styrofoam substitutes on my feet.
(Thanks Rach for such a treat!)


ANNIKAN


Annikan and I were roommates for my last year of college and during Travis and my dating days. And I even introduced her to her husband. So, we have a lot of roots. We had so much fun living together and instantly became great friends. She came this direction and stayed the night with her 3 adorable girls. So between the both of us, we have 5 girls and zero boys! They had so much fun having a sleep over and playing. Annikan and I even managed to do a craft and stayed up until 2 in the morning talking... Just like the old days. It is hard to have such good friends living far away- if only we lived closer. So, here are our girls. We didn't get any pictures of us- dang it. :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time with your friends. At least I had Will and Gavin to hang with at times.

Travis

Stacy Pincock said...

Looks like fun Heather. IT's fun to catch up with old friends!! Miss ya!

just call me jo said...

How special to be able to bring the children of friends together. You are lucky to have those ladies in your life.

rachwp said...

I am so glad we were able to come, but bummed that we didn't get pics of Gav! His hair was soooo cute! Can't wait for this summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...