Friday, January 30, 2015

Lights @ Temple Square

I have always wanted to take the kids to the lights on Temple Square in Salt Lake. I haven't ever seen them either, though I think I went when I was really little. So, I was excited to go as a family. We needed to visit my grandma, so it was a good reason to make a trip of it. My mom and Frank surprised us and got us a hotel room downtown with their points. We LOVE staying in hotels- it is always a treat. 

After visiting my grandma, we checked into the hotel. It was so fun to stay at a big hotel downtown.  We walked to dinner at P.F. Chang's, my favorite. 

Then, we walked to Temple Square. It was magical. The kids loved it. Camden kept asking to go through the lights "just one more time". It was so pretty and lit up. It was so cool to look up in the trees and see how many lights were on each branch. There were a ridiculous amount of people there, but it didn't take away from the feel of it all.  We lucked out with a warmer night (though it rained). We went in and warmed up with hot chocolate in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was the perfect addition to the experience. We finished off by walking through the lights one last time and listened to a choir. 

We walked back to the hotel and went swimming! That was very exciting for our kids to get to go swimming in December. We got treats, then went to bed. We started the next day with a delicious buffet breakfast.  It was a perfect little vacation to help us feel the Christmas spirit. It may be the beginning of a new tradition?

Dinner:
Makenna tried so hard to learn how to use chopsticks. I still have never mastered it. 

Temple Square
Hot chocolate time
The Hotel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...