Monday, January 11, 2016

Little Getaway

We needed to get away for a few days. Just out of the house. It was Memorial Day weekend. The dark cloud of grief enveloped our house. We didn't want to spend the next 3 days sitting around thinking about everything. We needed a distraction. The first of many over the summer. The thing about distractions is they help time to pass while the healing takes place.

We headed to my mom's for 2 nights. Honestly, it's kind of all a blur to me. I was emotionally dealing with so much and was pretty much just taking it one minute at a time. I remember appreciating the change of scenery and the company. We went out to eat. Frank had stocked his pond with plenty of trout and we all had fun fishing. The kids loved actually catching fish. :)  They needed to have some fun.
Hadley caught the big one. She was thrilled about it.


Then on our way home, we got caught in this crazy hail storm. We couldn't see anything and the cars had to pull off the road until it let up enough for us to see. We had to drive so slow to avoid sliding off the road. At the end of May! Travis and I were driving separately because my brother had the truck. I couldn't get a hold of Travis and I just started crying. And then the girls were crying. Maybe this wasn't the best thing for a grieving family to have to get through. But we made it to Twin which was flooded in places. It was crazy. It seemed appropriate that we were in a crazy storm since that is what it felt like our lives were going through also. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...