Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Little Skier

We took Makenna out for her first ski. We weren't sure how it was going to go. This girl is so stubborn (I don't know where she gets it from), so we knew that she was either going to love it or hate it. She was excited until we got to Pomerelle and then she slowly got more and more nervous. As we were putting her skis on, she was very loudly yelling "I don't want to go skiing". Everyone around was laughing, including us. Travis said she cried the whole way down the first run, but then decided it was actually fun the second time. When I went out, she was smiling and said "Let's go to the top again Dad." She was seriously such a trooper in the cold, blowing snow. Who knew she was such a tough cookie? She ended up skiing for 3 hours, which is really impressive for the first time and in the blowing snow. By the end she was doing well with the wedge and kept asking Travis to let her go down a little bit by herself (for a few seconds anyway). And Travis had really mastered skiing backwards too. :) (The last two pictures show how much better she was by the end of the day.)




4 comments:

Stacy Pincock said...

So Cute!!! Makes me remember when we took Maddy for the first time. She is such a big girl. Miss you guys.

just call me jo said...

If that isn't the cutest!! She's way ahead of Rachel's boys (but don't tell her I said so.) Rach was about that age when she learned to ski. It's so fun to see them progress.

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

You guys are such cute parents. I love that you went and just hung out with Hadley so that Makenna could have a ski experience. Fun posts the last little while. I read all about your moose encounter as well, I am glad nothing much came of it. Have a good day!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

What a hilarious experience! I'm glad she ended up liking it by the end of the experience. I can totally imagine it. She is a very cute snow bunny - love it. :) P.S. Nyah is quite stubborn as well and I don't know where she gets it either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...