We haven't been up to anything too exciting lately. Just getting projects finished and things cleaned out before the busy holiday season hits. I decided this year to clean all of the girls' closets, toys, etc. out
before Christmas. I love, love the Christmas season. I love the days leading up to Christmas better than Christmas itself. I love reading books in front of the tree, playing family games, cuddling up in the middle of the day to watch Christmas movies, baking, more baking, and just enjoying the spirit of it all. It really is a special time of year. So, this year I am trying to get caught up with everything else (wishful thinking- I know) so that I can have time to enjoy the holiday season in the midst of the craziness of buying gifts. So, in the meantime, here is what we've been doing:
- We tagged along while Travis went to a conference. Staying in a hotel is such a treat for us. We had fun swimming, shopping, playing with friends, went to the movies, and enjoyed the zoo while Travis went to meetings (sucker!). It was nice to get away and we even had warm fall weather- my favorite.
- We watched our cute little 7 month-old neighbor last week and the girls LOVED helping. There was definitely no shortage of attention with these two around. They both informed me that it's time for us to have a baby. Okay, thanks for the suggestion girls- we'll think about it.
- Makenna is loving kindergarten and gets to ride the bus home on Mondays. She is so proud when she gets off the bus. It's fun to watch her gain her independence but a little sad too. She seem so much older now that she has started school.
- Hadley is getting so big! She talks like a four year old and seems to be growing all the time. She definitely misses Makenna while she's at school but I think Hadley likes her alone time a little bit too. She especially loves having mommy all to herself for a little bit (and I don't mind it either).
2 comments:
That's funny that the girls think it's time for a sibling. Good luck with that, Heather. (I'm the last to know how you deal with three--I only had one.) We enjoy Gunnar but I will probably never be able to have all three at once.
How fun! I love staying in hotels as well. I hope you are able to get your Christmas preparations done. Enjoy!
Post a Comment