Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowcation

It's that time of year for us to play in the snow! We spent a week in Sun Valley after Christmas. We started it off with the grand sleigh ride to a quaint cabin for dinner. It was definitely the highlight of the trip. It is so much fun for everyone. The sleigh ride is magical and the dinner is delicious. Thanks Mom and Frank for such a treat!


The next day we went tubing. It was so funny because the tube goes significantly slower than the saucer we used last year. But from the top, it was perfect. The girls actually liked it and went on it numerous times (compared to last year going mach speed, then wiping out at the end, and calling it quits). What is it that's so fun about tubing at any age? The least favorite part: marching back up the hill while dragging a two year old.


We spent the next day playing in the fresh foot of powder. And my mom came and watched the girls while Travis and I went on a date cross-country skiing. Now, we love taking our little family skiing, but it was SOOOO nice to go with just us. No snacks or stopping to warm girls up, no potty breaks- it was so relaxing and Q.U.I.E.T. It was just like the pre-kid days. Just Travis, myself, and the hush snow.




Then Travis and I hit the famous slopes. I think I have come to a conclusion that I am just not a good enough skiier for that mountain. It was incredibly crowded and my legs were tired after the first few LONG runs. I took off five years from downhill skiing due to pregnancies, nursing, and whatever other excuses (aka finances), so I feel like I am still trying to relearn and overcome becoming more and more cautious. But it was good to get out and be with my rockstar-skiier husband.

And then we planned on taking the girls x-country skiing, but the temperature was a balmy 4 degrees, so we opted for walking around the resort, getting hot chocolate, finally meeting someone famous (stay tuned for that story), and getting together with fun people for games and laughs on New Years Eve.

The bad news, we ALL got sick at some point of that trip. Why is that always how it goes? What's funny is that I remember sicknesses last year too. It must just be that time of year. We started out with Hadley and I having a bad cold, which didn't slow us down. Then, my mom, sister, and Makenna got the flu followed by Travis and I getting it at the same time. Ugg. But I guess if you're going to be sick, you might as well be relaxing in a condo with snow falling and a hot tub a few steps away. :)

3 comments:

just call me jo said...

Sounds like fun. I miss the snow for about 5 minutes. ;o) I told Rachel about our neighbor girl in Twin Falls named Mckenna that broke her leg. (How she translated that into your daughter I have no idea. You do NOT live in Twin Falls nor have you ever really been our neighbor. Rachel is wacked...Though in her defense, the name was the same????) Happy New Year, girlie.

Erin said...

Um... I'm dying to know about your celebrity encounter! Glad you had a fun trip.. I'm always jealous of the fun you guys have!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

Looks like good times! How fun. It has been a super mild winter here in Denver. The high is supposed to be 64 tomorrow. Hopefully we will get more snow one of these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...