Monday, May 15, 2017

Lifelines

The last four weeks of the pregnancy were SO busy taking care of this baby with doctor appointments, non-stress tests, and ultrasounds. These appointments and tests were our lifelines. Medically they were to detect an abruption or any other problem, but mostly I think they were for our sanity and my doctor's peace of mind. They kept us going and hoping those last four stressful weeks, which approached our point of loss with Macee (35 weeks 6 days).


RAINBOW PREGNANCY STATS:
239 Days Pregnant
28 Doctor Appointments
14 Ultrasounds
16 Non-stress Tests
10+ blood draws
66 Car rides to and from appointments 
2,772 miles driving
49.5 hours in the car
2 middle-of-the-night L&D visits
1,000,000 Prayers
Medical costs- $$$$ Maximum out-of-pocket met
Getting baby here- PRICELESS :) 

Camden snapped this picture. This was his view of our many ultrasounds. We spent a lot of time in these rooms!

Non-stress tests. Lots of sitting and watching this little one's heartbeat and movement. If I could have stayed hooked up to this for the entire last 4 weeks, I probably would have. I was actually able to relax during these. I knew I was in good hands.

We rented a home doppler machine through a non-profit organization for women who have had a previous loss. It was so reassuring to hear this baby's heartbeat, especially if I was feeling overly anxious or before I went to bed. (I always made sure to use it only with feeling baby's kicks.) The sound of her thumping heart was music to all of our family's ears. Travis was the operator of the doppler. He thought he was pretty funny being "Dr. Pincock" and putting on the gel like this every time. His playfulness was never more welcomed.
I had to go to the hospital a few times for non-stress tests if it fell on the weekend or after hours. It was pretty serious business. (This was only 3 days before she was born.)

I love these pictures I snapped of us waiting to see my doctor (unbeknownst to us the day before her birth). We were regulars in this waiting room. I was glad to have my boys there with me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...