Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Our Gender Reveal

We are expecting baby #4! It was a complete surprise when we found out at the end of September. We thought we were done. Ha, ha. We had really decided during the summer that we were past the baby stage and content with 3 kids. But, Heavenly Father had another plan for us. As shocked as we were to find out we were pregnant, we were immediately excited. But it did take a few months for it to really sink in. But now, we are counting down the days for this little cutie to arrive at the end of May.

The kids were so surprised and excited when we told them the big news in November. Hadley was especially excited. She screamed (literally) and was running around the room excitedly singing "We're having a baby". It made us all excited. We were a little nervous to tell the kids because we had a trip to Hawaii planned a few weeks before my due date, so that meant that trip was going to be postponed for a few years. But to our surprise, the kids were so excited about a baby that they were fine with putting that trip on hold. A few days after we told them Hadley said, "When I think about having a baby, I get so excited that I don't know what to do about all the excitement. I kind of wish you wouldn't have told me about the baby yet because I have to wait SO long." Hadley named the baby "Little Cutie" and so it has been the entire pregnancy.

I was happy when the morning sickness subsided, though it wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of women's. No vomiting, just feeling nauseous all the time. This pregnancy was a little different because I felt good in the morning until about noon. Then it went downhill and by dinner, I could hardly think about food or get out of bed. But, I was definitely able to function and wasn't nearly as sick as with Camden's pregnancy.

We got to have the ultrasound in January, which I was really looking forward to. I think if we could have chose, we would have wanted a boy just to even things out. But we knew that it wasn't up to us and that we were okay with either a boy or a girl. (Though Hadley was really wanting a girl.) The pressure was off this time because we have a boy and two girls. I figure that if it was up to me that all my kids would probably be the opposite gender, so thank goodness it isn't up to me because our family is exactly how it is supposed to be. So, we went into the ultrasound knowing that Heavenly Father knows what our family needs. I just needed to see a healthy baby.

Travis and I got settled into the ultrasound room and immediately saw a healthy, busy baby. Our excitement instantly grew for this baby to enter our family. And then we saw that it was a BABY GIRL! And we were thrilled. Travis said that he and Camden will officially be outnumbered. But we are excited to have a baby girl again after 7 years. Our little girls are precious to us and Little Cutie would be no exception. 

During the ultrasound, it was so fun to watch our little girl squirming around. When the ultrasound tech would push on my stomach, you could see in the ultrasound that the baby would push back on it as if to say, "Stop doing that." She looked perfect. She really has a pretty profile. We watched her heart beat blood, saw the different parts of the brain, checked her tiny organs, and took pictures of her little feet and hands. She was pretty cooperative until the end when she flipped around so her back was facing us. We were wearing her out. I was a little sad when the ultrasound was over because I knew the next time we saw her would be when she is born. 

But, we were excited to share the news with our kids! They requested that we tell them in a fun way. So we decided to do a silly string gender reveal. We got pink silly string and had them shoot the cans to see if it was a boy or girl. They had so much fun with the silly string, and were thrilled to see pink silly string. Even Camden was happy to have a little sister. We just can't wait to meet her in less than 3 months!!!!!!
Baby Girl Pincock- isn't she so cute?

 A baby sister!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...