I realized how similar these two pictures were, though the feelings behind them were vastly different. The first one is with baby Macee and the second is with baby Brielle. Look how much older Makenna, Hadley, and Camden are. I think of all they have gone through in between these two pictures. Though these pictures were taken only 16 months apart, it is amazing how much these kids have learned and grown. Much more than most other children their age. They have felt such sadness and joy. They have had difficult life lessons that have taught them to rely on their faith. They have felt the light that can only be felt after one has been in the darkness. It is so humbling to see how they love these two babies equally and are grateful for their different roles in their lives. They love Macee completely and purely- she is the star lighting their way. And now they love and adore Brielle in such a precious way. They have such a greater appreciation for this beautiful new baby of ours. I wish these kids never had to go through such a heartbreak, but I believe they have gained such a beautiful perspective that will help them be better people. I'm so grateful for both of these beautiful baby girls that have both taught us all so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment